1. Is your school approved?
Yes, we are approved through the Florida Real Estate Commission. Here is our permit number if you would like to reference the state: #1002048.
2. Can I print the course material?
No. You are unable to print the course.
3. Is there a seat time requirement?
No. You can work at your own pace within the enrollment policy.
4. How long is my course enrollment?
You will have access to your course for 12 months, starting on the purchase date.
5. What happens if my product expires?
We do offer extensions that you can purchase up to 6 months after you originally expire.
6. What is the refund policy?
We do not provide refunds.
7. I purchased the course, but how do I log in?
In normal business hours (Monday through Friday) you will receive an access email within an hour after purchasing that will have course log in information.
8. I am unable to find the email you sent me?
Check your junk and spam folders.
9. Do you offer your courses in Spanish?
No. But we do offer the Principles, Practice and Law Textbook in Spanish.
10. If I choose a package that includes physical products, how long will it take to receive my material?
You will receive that is about 3-5 business days.
11. How do I access the answers to the questions in my book?
The answers are found on the back over of the book in a grey box. This will have a link that you go to on the website to access those answers.
12. What is the difference between a salesperson and a broker?
Salespeople work under a Broker. Brokers own, operate, or manage the business and often have realtors working for them.
13. Why do I need to provide the last four of my SSN#?
The state will identify you with that when you finish the licensing education, since you have not yet been issued a license.
14. How do I check the status of my license, number, or renewal status?
You can find this information at www.myfloridalicense.com.
1. What courses are required to become licensed as a sales agent?
- Have a High School diploma or equivalent
- 18 years of age or older
- Take and pass the 63 Hr pre-licensing course
- Pass the state exam
- Do fingerprinting
- Fill out the state application and pay the appropriate fees.
2. What is your school's passing rate?
The state will not allow us to give that information, but with the course material and access we feel you have the tools to be successful. We have an instructor contact if you need help with content as well. You can call customer service 1-800-257-5526.
3. What happens if I do not pass my licensing education exams?
You will have to wait 30 days before you can take the alternate exam. If you do not pass your second attempt you need to repurchase and start the course over.
4. When do I have to take the re-activation course?
If your license has been expired for more than 1 year, but less than two years.
5. How long do I have to complete my post-licensing after I get my initial sales or broker license?
You have to complete the post-licensing education within 18-24 months after you get the license.
6. Who do I set my state exam up with?
The state exam provider is Pearson Vue. 888-204-6230 or www.pearsonvue.com.
7. What score do I need to pass the state licensing exam?
You need to score at least a 75% to pass the state licensing exam.
8. How many questions are on the exam?
100 questions, timed 3.5 hours.
9. How long do I have to pass the state exam after completing my course?
You have two years from the date of the course completion to take and pass the state exam.
10. What are the additional fees that are associated with getting a license besides the course work?
- The state exam is $32
- Fingerprinting is $60
- Application fee is $105
11. Do you report my pre-licensing to the state?
No. You should take your completion certificate with you when you go to take the state exam.
12. Do I have to work for a broker to become licensed?
Yes. You have to currently hold a real estate sales license and have been active for at least 2 years within the last 5 years. Or, if you have an active Sales or Broker license in any other state that has been active for at least 2 years within the last 5 you can qualify to take the Broker’s course.
CONTINUING EDUCATION FAQs
1. What happens if I do not pass my 14 hr continuing education course?
Please call Customer Service at 800-257-5526 or Tech Support at 888-213-5124 to gain access to an alternate exam.
2. Is the 14-Hr Continuing Education course open book?
Yes. When you are in the final there is a review option that shows the text from the course.
3. When will my continuing education or postlicensing course completion be reported and how do I get my certificate?
We report and send your completion certificates Thursday of every week. So your completion will be reported and your certificate will be mailed on the nearest Thursday after you complete the course. However, when the state renewal time is closer we report more frequently.
4. When does my license expire?
Either March 31st or September 30th. You can find your expiration date on your license.